In this project, youth engage in exploring the outdoor world by learning names and classifications of Bees. Youth will understand the essentials of studying nature: stop, observe, discover, how to correlate findings and more.
Youth will learn:
- About bees and how to care for them.
- About the social life of bees.
- How bees pollinate crops and increase the yield of many fruit and seed crops.
- About insects, animals and plants which relate to beekeeping.
- How to produce, package and market honey.
- The honey-producing plants in your area.
Bees is a national 4-H project. It features curriculum that will guide you through the project. For more information, visit http://www.4-hmall.org/Category/4-hcurriculum-entomology.aspx
Entomology - Teaming with Insects Level 1: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/4-hcurriculum-entomology/entomology-teaming-with-insects-level-1/08440.aspx
Entomology - Teaming with Insects Level 2: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/4-hcurriculum-entomology/entomology-teaming-with-insects-level-2/08441.aspx
Entomology - Teaming with Insects Level 3: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/4-hcurriculum-entomology/entomology-teaming-with-insects-level-3/08442.aspx