Breeding & Market
In 4-H market and breeding swine projects members can learn about selecting and raising large livestock project animal. Youth learn about record keeping, nutrition, health, project management and judging.
- Members learn about the proper care of swine including nutrition, housing, ventilation, medicine, grooming, and ethics.
- Members gain consumer vs. producer awareness.
- 4-H members learn time management.
- Members learn how to respect others during competitive events.
- Members may also explore topics of biosecurity and veterinary medicine.
Swine is a national 4-H project. It features curriculum that will guide you through the project. For more information, visit http://www.4-hmall.org/Category/4-hcurriculum-swine.aspx
Swine 1: The Incredible Pig: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/4-hcurriculum-swine/08065.aspx
Swine 2: Putting the Oink in Pig: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/4-hcurriculum-swine/08066.aspx
Swine 3: Going Whole Hog: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/4-hcurriculum-swine/08067.aspx