Foods & Cooking
In this project, youth learn fun experiments, how to prepare recipes, and go on fact-finding missions. You’ll have fun learning about food ingredients, food characteristics, nutrition and food safety.
- Use USDA’s MyPlate to plan meals and make balanced food choices.
- Learn how to safely purchase, prepare and store food.
- Discover the health benefits associated with different foods.
- Explore the importance of nutrition as it relates to quality of life.
- Develop Food Decorating skills.
- Promote creativity.
- Understand how to measure and mix supplies properly.
Foods is a national 4-H project. It features curriculum that will guide you through the project. For more information, visit:
Microwave Magic: http://www.4-hmall.org/Category/microwave.aspx
Food, Culture and Reading: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/food-culture-reading/08379.aspx
Food Science: http://www.4-hmall.org/Category/whats-on-your-plate.aspx