Breeding & Market
Within the 4-H Sheep projects, 4-H members:
- Learn about animals and their behavior, health, and reproduction.
- Practice leadership skills and roles, take part in community affairs, and demonstrate citizenship responsibility.
- Develop personal integrity, a sense of sportsmanship and team cooperation, and an ability to speak in public through participation in related activities, such as demonstrations, talks, judging events, field days, tours, and exhibits.
- Share acquired knowledge and skills with other 4-H members.
- Show their animal science projects at county fairs and expositions.
- Develop skills, knowledge and attitudes for lifelong use.
Sheep is a national 4-H project. It features curriculum that will guide you through the project. For more information, visit
Sheep 1: Rams, Lambs & You: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/4-hcurriculum-sheep/06367.aspx
Sheep 2: Shear Delight: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/4-hcurriculum-sheep/06368.aspx
Sheep 3: Leading the Flock: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/4-hcurriculum-sheep/06369.aspx