Clothing & Textiles
In this project, youth will learn the basic quilting skills, techniques and tools, and study the collecting, conservation, and exhibition of quilts. Learning how to express your culture, aesthetics, and ideas through quilting is a fun adventure.
- Understand quilting terms.
- Learn quilting techniques and design.
- Explore working with batting and backing.
- Increase knowledge of quilting tools and their uses.
- Understand proper quilting care.
Quilting is a national 4-H project. It features curriculum that will guide you through the project. For more information, visit http://www.4-hmall.org/Category/4-hcurriculum-sewing.aspx
In this project, youth learn about textiles, fashion and personal style. They partner with adults to design and create clothing and accessories. The 4-H clothing and textiles project may include sewing and purchasing clothing, fashion design, wardrobe inventory, clothing repair and more.
- Plan and create an exciting wardrobe on a budget.
- Strengthen self-esteem through individual expression.
- Develop skills to purchase, make and care for clothing.
- Learn about the fibers and methods used to create textiles.
Sewing is a national 4-H project. It features curriculum that will guide you through the project. For more information, visit http://www.4-hmall.org/Category/4-hcurriculum-sewing.aspx
Sewing Expressions 1 - Under Construction: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/4-hcurriculum-sewing/08060.aspx
Sewing Expressions 2 - Fashion Forward: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/4-hcurriculum-sewing/08061.aspx
Sewing Expressions 3 - Refine Design: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/4-hcurriculum-sewing/08062.aspx