California Nut Festival
The Far West Heritage Association (stewards of the Chico Museum and the Patrick Ranch Agricultural Museum) PRESENTS: The California Nut Festival
The Far West Heritage Association
(stewards of the Chico Museum and the Patrick Ranch Agricultural Museum)
The California Nut Festival
February 21-24, 2008
Imagine a picturesque college town surrounded by a dynamic tree industry - Chico California.
Add to that the magnificient beauty of the Almond Blossom season in late February.
- Guest Chef Debra Madison, of Greens Cafe in San Francisco, will present two cooking workshops at The Big Room of the Sierra Nevada Brewery on Saturday, February 23th. Tickets are $40 per person and may be purchased at the Chico Museum, The Galley, Zucchini & Vine in Chico and at the Chico and at PIP Printing in both Chico and Paradise.
- The Annual Agribee Finals will be held at the historic Patrick Ranch, where 3rd and 4th grade finalists must define and spell agriculture or nutritionally-related words. The winner will be awared and educational savings bond. This fun event will be held on Thursday, February 21st and is free to the public.
- A City-Wide Book CLub will commence with a panel discussion of which will be held at the Chico Women's Club.
- Downtown Chico Goes Nuts! Throughout the week of the Nut Festival enjoy fine dining, family-friendly amusements and unique shops in downtown Chico to experience a variety of nut products, nut foods and nut gadgets.
- Almond Blossom Tours are scheduled for Saturday, February 23rd. Last year sold out so get your tickets early. Tickets are $30 per person and are available at the Chico Museum or at PIP Printing in both Paradise and Chico.
- The Nut Festival Keynote Speaker to be announced.
- Chico Mall Nut Festival Walks will be held throughout the week of the Nut Festival. Simply show up between 8 am and 10 am to join with the community for fun and exercise. Enloe Hospital Educators will be there to discuss the health benefits of Butte County nuts (the ones that grow on trees--not the people).
26th Annual Durham Almond BLossom run will be held Saturday, Febuary 16th through beautiful, sweet- smelling Almond orchards. There will be a 5K and 10K race or a 5K walk. Call 895-8484 for more information.
For More Information on The California Nut Festival,
Call 530-892-1525 or visit the official website,