Area CE 4-H Youth Development Advisor - San Luis Obispo & Santa Barbara (AP# 17.07)
Date Posted: December 5, 2017
Closing Date: January 18, 2018
Job Description: Download
This position is headquartered in San Luis Obispo, CA.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Area Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor for 4-H Youth Development will address statewide goals to develop research-based youth development programming to increase youths’ leadership and college/career readiness with an emphasis on expanding programming to underserved audiences. The CE advisor will be responsible for conducting ongoing program needs assessments that will direct program development, implementation, and expansion; enhancing fund development to support expanded programs; and maintaining the high quality of existing programs.
ACADEMIC EXPECTATIONS: All UC ANR CE advisors are responsible for performance in the areas of 1) applied research and creative activity, 2) extension of knowledge and information, 3) professional competence and activity and 4) University and public service.
- Develop and implement effective UC ANR Cooperative Extension applied research and educational programs to address the identified priority needs of the clientele that are consistent with ANR’s Strategic Vision and ANR initiatives. http://ucanr.edu/sites/StrategicInitiatives/Healthy_Families_-_Communities/
- Conduct and report regular needs assessments to identify priority issues or problems relevant to the local clientele groups being served.
- Disseminate useful, science-based information to inform clientele, using extension methods that are responsive to clientele needs and appropriate for the audience and situation.
- Develop and implement applied research designed to monitor changes and solve locally relevant problems.
- Maintain and promote Cooperative Extension’s credibility by participating in professional organizations and collaborating with government agencies, community partners, allied industry groups, policy makers and other organizations by providing independent science-based information and leadership.
SALARY: Beginning salary will be in the Cooperative Extension Assistant Advisor Rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding Cooperative Extension advisor salary scales, please refer to the University of California, ANR website: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/271532.pdf.
TO APPLY: Please visit the UC Recruit website at https://recruit.ucanr.edu/ and select "Applicants". For full consideration, application packets should be submitted in their entirety no later than January 12, 2018. Please refer to position AP#17-07. For questions regarding this position, please contact LeChé McGill at email@example.com