The 4-H reptiles’ project helps you explore what kind of reptile fits into your family’s lifestyle and how to be an excellent caretaker of your lizards, snakes, turtles, or tortoises.
- Identify different reptile species and their characteristics.
- Learn about the selection, care, needs of reptiles and basic principles of reptile behavior.
- Demonstrate care and management in feeding, handling, grooming, and fitting/showing.
- Explore health regulations, first aid, and simple treatments for ailments.
- Learn and practice animal ownership responsibilities.
Reptiles is a national 4-H project. It features curriculum that will guide you through the project. For more information, visit http://4h.ucanr.edu/files/152410.pdf