If youth want to know where they are and where they are going, Geospatial Mapping (GPS/GIS) is the project for them! In this project, youth will:
- Develop an interest and understanding of global positioning and global information systems.
- Develop problem solving and logical reasoning skills.
- Improve communication and teamwork skills by working in teams.
- Develop responsible attitudes about science and technology and how they relate to the real world and people’s lives.
- Gain experience in problem solving and decision-making using science process skills.
- Develop knowledge and skills related to geospatial mapping technologies.
Geospatial Science is a national 4-H project. It features curriculum that will guide you through the project. For more information, visit http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/geospatial/08358.aspx