Beef & Dairy
The 4-H Beef and the 4-H Dairy program are part of the animal science project. These programs will help youth learn:
- To select, manage, produce, market and show cattle.
- Learn basic principles of animal science by owning, caring for, and keeping records on one or more head of livestock.
- Demonstrate knowledge of sound breeding, feeding, and management practice.
- Learn value of scientific research in its influence on animals and the meat industry.
- Learn processing, consumption, nutrition and use of dairy products.
Cattle (Beef & Dairy) is a national 4-H project. It features curriculum that will guide you through the project. For more information, visit
Beef 1 - Bite Into Beef: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/4-hcurriculum-beef/08143.aspx
Beef 2 - Here's the Beef: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/4-hcurriculum-beef/08144.aspx
Beef 3 - Leading the Charge: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/4-hcurriculum-beef/08145.aspx
Dairy Cattle 1 - Cowabunga!: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/dairy-cattle/08161.aspx
Dairy Cattle 2 - Mooving Ahead: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/dairy-cattle/08162.aspx
Dairy Cattle 3 - Rising to the Top: http://www.4-hmall.org/Product/dairy-cattle/08163.aspx